The Eyewitness Success Blotter for February 07, 2020

These wins for local business owners happened between January 31, 2020 & February 6, 2020

We start off each week bringing you the news of crimes across the country – some without happy endings or resolutions, some where the bad guys get away. So, to that end, we like to end each week by providing you with a roundup of some of the best Eyewitness Success stories for the week – times when the good guys won and local businesses were protected from the worst.

Vagrants Escorted from Shopping Center Twice

Date: 02.01.20     Metro Area: Tampa, FL

When Eyewitness monitored homeless individuals laying down on a shopping center property and showing signs of planning to stay for the night, audio was used instructing them to depart. Police were also dispatched.

The police arrived and woke up the individuals to escort them off the lot. After the police left, the individuals returned and the police were dispatched again to remove the intruders. After the second removal, all parties departed the area and stayed away.

Intruder Arrested for Breaking & Entering

Date: 02.03.20     Metro Area: Albany, NY

Around midnight, the Eyewitness monitoring center observed an individual walking onto a dealership property near a construction site, then enter the building. Audio was used and police were dispatched.

When police arrived onto the property, they searched for the individual at once and were seen entering the building in the construction zone, making contact with the individual. Officers detained the subject and placed him under arrest.

Two Troublesome Trespassers Arrested

Date: 02.07.20    Metro Area: Dallas, TX

Two trespassers were seen sneaking onto an auto lot, brandishing flashlights and going between the vehicles. Eyewitness monitors used audio instructing the individuals to exit the area, but they didn’t comply. Police were dispatched, as the intruders entered an unlocked car.

Officers soon arrived and were directed to the intruders inside the vehicle, were they quickly made contact. Both individuals were handcuffed and taken into custody, with dispatch confirming their arrests.

Skip to content